Community
AutoCAD MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Listings of Default Parameters for MVPart creation

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
CADSheri
435 Views, 2 Replies

Listings of Default Parameters for MVPart creation

I have successfully created content based on 3D blocks, but I am trying to find more info on building Parametric parts. My key issue at this point is finding out a list of all the default parameters that exist (in our case, specifically Piping). I have found in the Help guide info on adding custom Parameters, but no where can I find a list of the defaults.

This would be especially helpful because during parametric part creation or customization, you are given alot of different parameters, but so far, the only place I have seen them defined well is in the content builder. and that is not the most helpful place to get that info!

Does anyone know where this info, so I can use it as a reference?

Thanks!
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
yishu_xu
in reply to: CADSheri

There are 3 kinds of parameters in MvParts:
- System Parameter: which defines MvParts behavior, e.g., Part Domian, Part Type, Part Sub Stype;
- Connection Parameter: which defines the fittings that would connect to the connectors, e.g., connection domian, connection type, connection shape;
- Geometry Parameter: which drives the geometry based on different part types, e.g., LenA1, LenB1, WPOf1;
- Custom Parameter: which represents the properties of the contents or validation of your content, e.g., Material; VTest1;

The basic (default) parameters for MvParts are "System Parameters"; you will have "Connection Parameters" once you add the connectors for your content.
The basic (default) parameters for Pipe Fittings are "System Parameters" and "Connection Parameters"; you will alllow to use the contents once the connector quantity match its part type...

By the way, you could browse to C:\ProgramData\Autodesk\MEP 2010\enu\Shared\AecbContextConfig.xml (take AutoCAD MEP 2010 default installation for example) which is the parameter "pool" for all kinds of parametric contents...

Hope this helps.

Kevin Xu (Yishu Xu)
AutoCAD MEP / AutoCAD Architecture Content
yishu.xu@autodesk.com Edited by: yishu_xu on May 7, 2010 6:28 AM
Message 3 of 3
CADSheri
in reply to: CADSheri

Thank you, thank you! This info will help me tremendously!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost