Community
AutoCAD MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Leader justification with custom defined tags

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
GTisRule
474 Views, 3 Replies

Leader justification with custom defined tags

I've built a number of tags for MEP now that pull extended property data from an MEP based object for communication with the construction team.  One thing that has been driving me nuts are leaders associated to tags.  A number of the tags pull from multiple property sets, and when you turn a leader on in a tool palette for a tag, the only option for justification is the insertion point of the tag itself.  How do you control whether the leader is left or right justified to the text objects?  It seems that I have to build two tags to accomplish a leader pulled to the right or a leader pulled to the left.  Is this the case?  Is there any additional options to adjsut where the leader will attach?  I know about individually adjusting the insertion offsets in the ADVANCED area on the property palette, but some tags will be used literally hundreds of times in a single drawing, in areas for instance, spool numbers, or pipe diameter.

Any help with different options for leaers on tags would be greatly aprpecihiated.  The new help menus with 2011+ are very difficult to use well.

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
GTisRule
in reply to: GTisRule

No replies yet?  I assume it's not possible to make tags justify correctly?

Message 3 of 4
mlmoore
in reply to: GTisRule

I also had the same issue when I made some tags and did what you had to do, made a right justified tag and a left justified tag.  I would be interested if anyone else found a better way to do this. 

Message 4 of 4
jcampbell924
in reply to: mlmoore

That is the same way that I have been doing it.  Most of our tags we do not turn the leader option on and the users instead choose to add there own leader.  I have created some mleader styles and other tools that allow them to quickly place leaders for this exact purpose.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost