Community
AutoCAD MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Keynoting in MEP 2011

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
Anonymous
746 Views, 4 Replies

Keynoting in MEP 2011

Are there .arx files that can be loaded to provide the commands (eg. LAUNCHKEYNOTEEDITOR) so MEP can use the keynote database system provided in ACAD Architecture?  I tried acfdeval.arx, textfind.arx, and units.arx without success.  These are the only loaded .arx differences I could find between Arch and MEP.

The cui editor shows these commands in ACA.cuix but not ACAD.cuix.  ACAD Arch command ARX;C; lists these commands but not which source they are from.  I haven't figured out how to copy commands from one .cuix file to another, if this will work.

Where can I find on-line documentation for the extension files (.arx) provided with ACAD?  Like a description of what commands or purpose each provides.

Thanks Smiley Happy

Tags (1)
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
Dumfatnhappy2
in reply to: Anonymous

Not having that much experience with architecture can you give me laymens terms on the use of keynotes?

I've attached a pic of how to copy (more like drag n drop) commands between cui(x)'s..

thanks

Message 3 of 5

yeah the file helps Smiley Indifferent

Message 4 of 5
Anonymous

Thanks for the help.  I already used the cui editor to drag the needed ribbon panels from ADA.cuix to my partial customization file but the corresponding command code needs to be loaded and I don't know which .arx file to use.  When I click on the ribbon panel item in MEP, ACAD responds "Unknown command.  Press F1 for help".  I listed the loaded runtime extension files in Architecture and MEP, identified the difference, and manually loaded each into MEP but this didn't work.  These .arx files come from a common folder so they aren't different.

The Keynoting database (MS Access) allows a library of text notes to be created and used in a drawings with the numbering and the note legend automated (sheet keynotes).  Reference notes (eg. specification section and paragrapgh) can also be done and pre-defined in blocks,  The automation eliminates unused notes in the legend and increases accuracy and efficiency by pulling them from shared and managed database files.  The inevitable custom notes are permitted.  The note database(s) can be highly structured by the user.

I've wanted this for years.  Too bad the architects got it handed to them first.  Autodesk provides a keynoting database already setup for architecture.

Message 5 of 5
Anonymous

Loading an .arx file isn't needed.  I found the missing command in the ACA.mnl file in /users/.../AppData/Roaming/Autodesk/MEP 2011/enu/support.

I added the following to my .mnl file and deleted the corresponding .mnr file and the keynote editor is now runing from MEP 2011.

(defun c:LaunchKeynoteEditor ()

(startapp (findfile "AecKeynoteEditor.exe"))

(princ) )

Simple   Smiley Wink

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost