AutoCAD MEP General Discussion

AutoCAD MEP General Discussion

Valued Contributor
advandes
Message 1 of 2 (131 Views)

Just Curious

131 Views, 1 Replies
07-14-2003 03:44 AM
Is anyone as frustrated and disapointed with Building Systems as I am? Please feel free to vent under my post.

Aaron
Aaron A. Gray
Advance Design
369 Sagamore Drive
Rochester, NY 14617
585-734-8277
Valued Contributor
bil-with-one-L
Message 2 of 2 (131 Views)

Re: Just Curious

07-14-2003 04:17 AM in reply to: advandes
I get frustrated at all that this software is capable of (or at least seems to be capable of)but how little documentation seems to exist. I find that the concepts guide makes a great paper weight or door stop and the tutorials walk you through such little baby steps that i can't stand to go through them just to have the ultimate purpose be to show me how to open a dialog box that has incredible control, but then no documentation on how to really use that dialog box. -- That being said, I find that the 2004 element has really helped make much of what I'm learning intuitive. I'm a CAD guy... not an MEP guy... and I'm not even an Architectural guy... just a vanilla AutoCAd user who landed a job with an MEP company who needed a CAD guy, so the fact that I'm building models of Architectural structures and creating MEP files says a lot about the software. -- If I could make one really good recomendation for autodesk, it would be to drop the enforced subscription that i paid $900.00 for, that way I could have afforded the optional online support for $435.00 which probably would have been far more helpful... assuming that they are required to answer questions. -- here in the discussion group there's no obligation for anyone to respond to questions. -- just my honest assesment... hope that helps.
Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.
Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

New AutoCAD MEP Category!

The AutoCAD MEP forum has moved into it's very own category page, and can no longer be found within the Additional Product Forums.