Community
AutoCAD MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Just Curious

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
advandes
242 Views, 1 Reply

Just Curious

Is anyone as frustrated and disapointed with Building Systems as I am? Please feel free to vent under my post.

Aaron
AAG
Advance Design
1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
bil-with-one-L
in reply to: advandes

I get frustrated at all that this software is capable of (or at least seems to be capable of)but how little documentation seems to exist. I find that the concepts guide makes a great paper weight or door stop and the tutorials walk you through such little baby steps that i can't stand to go through them just to have the ultimate purpose be to show me how to open a dialog box that has incredible control, but then no documentation on how to really use that dialog box. -- That being said, I find that the 2004 element has really helped make much of what I'm learning intuitive. I'm a CAD guy... not an MEP guy... and I'm not even an Architectural guy... just a vanilla AutoCAd user who landed a job with an MEP company who needed a CAD guy, so the fact that I'm building models of Architectural structures and creating MEP files says a lot about the software. -- If I could make one really good recomendation for autodesk, it would be to drop the enforced subscription that i paid $900.00 for, that way I could have afforded the optional online support for $435.00 which probably would have been far more helpful... assuming that they are required to answer questions. -- here in the discussion group there's no obligation for anyone to respond to questions. -- just my honest assesment... hope that helps.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost