Community
AutoCAD MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is my file corrupt? How do I fix it?

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
T.O.123
321 Views, 3 Replies

Is my file corrupt? How do I fix it?

This may be a dumb question but i have a pretty large MEP file that no longer lets me copy with a base point and has become extremely slow.

I'm pretty sure it is corrupt somewhere, I have tried recovering and many other commands with no luck.

I was told that exporting to a DXF file would remove all of my smart blocks and circuit manager database that i have already built.

Is there anything else that i can try or am i just stuck dealing with this incredibly slow, frustrating job i have.

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Pothman
in reply to: T.O.123

Has your file gotten larger all of a sudden and do you have lots and lots of linetypes in your drawing now? Type LINETYPE at the command line and see if you have hundreds of weird looking linetypes. if so, you have the DGN linetype issue that we have seen and there is a hotfix to fix this for 2014 and 2015 and this issue often causes problems with copy and paste in addition to greatly increasing file size. The issue can be fixed by just using PURGE in 2016 with some addtional settings checked in the PURGE dialog. See the following article and hopefully this will help.

http://knowledge.autodesk.com/article/AutoCAD-DWG-files-unexpectedly-increase-in-file-size

Dave Pothier

Message 3 of 4
T.O.123
in reply to: Pothman

I have the 2014 version so i tried the hotfix, but when i type the DGNPURGE command it completly freezes Autocad.

Should I let it sit and try to work itself out while i go to lunch. I checked my linetypes and there is a whole lot of weird linetypes going on... I mean alot.

Message 4 of 4
T.O.123
in reply to: Pothman

Okay it went through and I have purged several times.

It has increased speed significantly, but still can't paste.

It will copy and let me paste into a different drawing, but nothing will paste into the drawing file that i desperatly need it to.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost