Community
AutoCAD MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is Autodesk Listening?

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
advandes
318 Views, 6 Replies

Is Autodesk Listening?

It almost breaks my heart to have to write such a negative letter about Autocad (Building Services; see my post, "My last comment", especially since I am and have always been the biggest fan of 3D Design. I was very excited when Autodesk released Building Systems. My point was that if Autodesk is going to give us 3D Design and Drafting CAD, then please don't give it to us half done!!!!!!!!! At LEAST give us a 110% awesome 2D package. That can't be that dificult with the great programers at Autodesk.

Aaron
AAG
Advance Design
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
advandes
in reply to: advandes

One more thing.....I agree with all who responded to my post: "My last Comment"...your comments were excellent! I think it is very impotant that we tell Autodesk what we need, and I also agree with the comments that Autocad and Building Services will improve through new releases, it's just frustrating when I feel like I'm testing bata software that is suppose to be acceptable with us all!!!

Aaron
AAG
Advance Design
Message 3 of 7
Anonymous

I may rant and rave from time to time but usually
from frustration as a result of ignorance about a new program. AutoCAD has
breached a major threshold and moved forward leaps and bounds over the last year
or two. You need to simply stop crying and be happy with what you
have.

style="PADDING-RIGHT: 0px; PADDING-LEFT: 5px; MARGIN-LEFT: 5px; BORDER-LEFT: #000000 2px solid; MARGIN-RIGHT: 0px">
It
almost breaks my heart to have to write such a negative letter about Autocad
(Building Services; see my post, "My last comment", especially since I am and
have always been the biggest fan of 3D Design. I was very excited when
Autodesk released Building Systems. My point was that if Autodesk is going to
give us 3D Design and Drafting CAD, then please don't give it to us half
done!!!!!!!!! At LEAST give us a 110% awesome 2D package. That can't be that
dificult with the great programers at Autodesk.

Aaron

Message 4 of 7
advandes

It's people like you who settle for less but pay more! You need to learn more about quality and expect it!
AAG
Advance Design
Message 5 of 7
advandes

.....and I would bet you are not as involved or as experienced as I am in designing HVAC Systems. Because if you were, you would also find that Building Systems is not up to parr with the trades needs....
AAG
Advance Design
Message 6 of 7
bil-with-one-L

advandes, -- I am listening. I am admitting that I am not as experienced as you are. I am admitting that I am new to both ABS and MEP. Any one of us can come into this forum and shake things up... what we all need are people who will come into this forum and shape things up. That's why we need people like you with 17 years of experience in designing HVAC systems... I'm not the expert... you are. So don't forget to drop by my post.. topic reads "a question and a suggestion - please read this" and add your two cents in favor of a location for mvparts. Autodesk has said that they will help us if they see enough of a response in support of what I am suggesting. I feel all of the frustrations that everyone else feels when it doesn't go right. your input is valuable... autodesk needs to know about our needs and frustrations in order to create the package that you want, that we all want. but if we all offer advice, it will be received more positively... than only expressing our frustrations. I hope i've encouraged you to join an effort to feed Autodesk our needs.. at least in the form of a location where we can all submit our Mvparts... tomorrow we'll find some new element to suggest and request. I think if we are collectively in this... they will hear us all. -- thanks for hearing my thoughts.
Message 7 of 7
advandes

Thank you! Your thoughts are encouraging and respected!
AAG
Advance Design

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost