AutoCAD MEP General Discussion

AutoCAD MEP General Discussion

Active Contributor
blackeagle1245
Message 1 of 4 (434 Views)

invalid enum map string:Aerator

434 Views, 3 Replies
07-27-2011 01:32 AM

I get this error message while tring to add mvpart. After clicking ok six times I can add mvparts. How can I get rid of this error message?

Thx in advance

Active Contributor
mlmoore
Message 2 of 4 (423 Views)

Re: invalid enum map string:Aerator

07-29-2011 07:47 AM in reply to: blackeagle1245

This error happens when the part has too many or two few connectors.  Each part has a certain number of connectors assigned and if the part does not match it gives the error.  Elbow has 2 a cap has 1 etc.  An Aerator probably has one connector so if you check the part in catalog editor it should be possible to see how many connectors it has.

Active Contributor
Micaletti
Message 3 of 4 (418 Views)

07-29-2011 10:51 AM in reply to: mlmoore

I don't think so. An Enum is a list of strings, each with an integer key. Each part type is hard coded into AMEP. In this case, the 2012 API shows "Aerator" to be 1076.

Are you using a newer part with an older version of AMEP? That is one possible cause for this error . The "Aerator" might not exist in that version of AMEP.

Steven Micaletti

Virtual Mechanical

Software & Content For AMEP

Active Contributor
blackeagle1245
Message 4 of 4 (383 Views)

08-06-2011 03:08 AM in reply to: Micaletti

Still I couldnt find any answer what should I do? Should I delete aerator?

Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.
Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

New AutoCAD MEP Category!

The AutoCAD MEP forum has moved into it's very own category page, and can no longer be found within the Additional Product Forums.