Community
AutoCAD MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Installation Question

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
Anonymous
443 Views, 2 Replies

Installation Question

Hi,

I needed to install a new drive, reload OS etc, question, I have projects in both MEP 2012, MEP 2015, should I reinstall both versions of the product or is it possible to save the project type as either in 2015, I know the .dwg formats differ, but the project itself is what i am wondering about as i need to share the projects with others and I remember a dialog box that would pop up when I would open a 2012 project in 2015 saying something about saving would cause issues.

If both no problem just trying to save space and clean up the control panel programs area,  if I remember correctly all the programs just show AutoCAD and not the exact version or discipline which makes it a pain to clean out later on.

Thanks in advance.

Cheers.
Phlash

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
Keith.Brown
in reply to: Anonymous

2012 is not compatible with 2015. Once you open and save a 2012 drawing in 2015 you will not be able to open it up in 2012 again. For this reason I would recommend installing both programs if you need to keep the files in a 2012 format. If you can upgrade them to 2012 then there is no negative effects from doing so from a strictly software perspective.
Message 3 of 3
Anonymous
in reply to: Keith.Brown

Thanks Keith, for the time being it looks like I'll reinstall both.

Cheers,
Phlash

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost