Community
AutoCAD MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Incorrect sizes for butt weld reducing tees

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
Anonymous
1248 Views, 6 Replies

Incorrect sizes for butt weld reducing tees

I used recently couple butt welded reducing tees and the sizes are not right.

For example 24x24x12 red tee has length of 31.24" and it should be 34",

18x18x12 is 25.24" long but it shoul be 26". I'm using standard butt weld steel

fittings catalog from Autocad 2011 MEP. Other parts like rducers or elbows are

correct. Any ideas?

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
Keith.Brown
in reply to: Anonymous

If you open up the part in the part catalog editor you can make the needed changes.  It might be better to copy the part, rename it, and then make the changes.  If you just search for catalog editor in the help file you will find all you need to know.  You can find the location of the catalogs by going to options->MEP Catalogs.  Hope this helps.

Message 3 of 7
INTOOCAD

Did you change any of the values in the table? If you did where did you change them at, in the content builder or the catalog editor.

Message 4 of 7
Keith.Brown
in reply to: INTOOCAD

You can change them in either.  I usually change them in the content builder as you can view the model and see what the parameters actually do.  You cannot view them using the catalog editor.  In the case of the butt weld reducing tees.  It is the LenA1 parameter that determines the length between D1 and D2.  Take the length that you want it to be and divide it by half.  That will be the length that you should enter for LenA1.  You will have to use the catalog editor to copy the original part.  You will have to also rename it as MEP will only recognize the first part it encounters with identical names.  I believe you can change the order of the catalogs as they load in options.  I havent tested to see if it works yet though.

Hope this helps.

Message 5 of 7
INTOOCAD
in reply to: Keith.Brown

In the cobtent builder you can do a save as to a new part recipe. Or you can add additional parts to the existing chapter from the values table. I have had the best luck copying parts in catalog editor, by copying from there AMEP typically will rename the part name by adding a 1 at the end, as well as generating a new GUID. I always regen the catalog as well as test it from the content menu. Testing seems to catch the duplicate names and GUIDs. It will produce a VALIDATE folder in the directory you catalog file is ( .atc file) I would rather verify that I have all my content have unique names as well as ids. I would not recommend managing that by bumping the directories up to avoid that. Isnt that just flipping the trouble around and putting it to the other catalog.
Message 6 of 7
Keith.Brown
in reply to: INTOOCAD

I have several catalogs that have duplicate part names in them but I like to seperate my catalogs into logical subdivisions.  Sometimes I find it is necessary to load more than one of these catalogs at a time.  I have confirmed that autocad mep will only load the part that it encounters first in the list.  Manipulating the catalogs in the list will change which part gets loaded.  Regening the catalogs will update the loaded part to the first part it encounters in the list.

Message 7 of 7
dallasn

This is good to know. Ive been happy going along and not realizing thier may be differences.  I work in manly smaller piping 14" and under.  Are thier differences in the smaller fittings as well?

Is there documntation that says what standard MEP is using for thier fitting sizes? Or any documentation that flags the differences between MEP and standard commercial pipe in the U.S. ?

Thanks.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost