Community
AutoCAD MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Importing CADDuct and CADPipe Models in Revit via AutoCAD MEP

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
Kushagram
1679 Views, 1 Reply

Importing CADDuct and CADPipe Models in Revit via AutoCAD MEP

I am trying to import CADDuct and CADPipe Models in Revit. I do not have license for either CADDuct or CADPipe.  So the way I am doing this is by opening the DWG files in AutoCAD MEP and exporting them as IFC's and at last importing (opening) IFC file in Revit.

By this method most of the geometry comes through but there is no intelligence to the model. The duct in Revit is just a Generic Model and there are no properties associated with the duct. I have tried other ways of bringing the CAD data into Revit but in all the cases I have been able to get the geometry but no associated data comes along.

I really need help in resolving this issue.

Thank you.

Kushagra

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
Nicholas.Hyland
in reply to: Kushagram

Hi Kushagram,

The only way to access the CADmep properties generically (without purchasing the application) would be to use the MapsComW which is installed with the Fabrication CADmep 2013 object enabler.

You may then be able to get the properties to appear in the IFC output (for validation it may be an idea to contact the AutoCAD MEP team to see if they do extract the CADmep properties from the enabler).

If these properties do not appear in Revit (but do appear in other IFC viewers) then that issue would be best raised with the Revit support team. I would suggest submitting through the Contact Us > Feedback > Products (product features and improvements you would like to see) link at the top of this page.

I hope this helps.

Nick

Nicholas Hyland

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost