Community
AutoCAD MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Import / Export Tool Palettes

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
TravelTheWorld
10001 Views, 5 Replies

Import / Export Tool Palettes

Hi,

I am using MEP 2012 and trying to export my customized tool palette, so I could share the palette with other CAD users on a server. I am following Autodesk Exchange instruction on Import / Export Tool Palettes. Please refer to the attached picture for the insturction.

The problem is that I can't find the following options anywhere on my MEP 2012 CAD. I checked my coworker's CAD just in case I was missing anything, but he had the same issue. 

Export a tool palette

Export a tool palette group

If this is not the right way of sharing tool palettes with others on a server, what is the right way?

Thanks,

TTW

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6

Never mind. I have solved it myself.

Smiley Wink

Message 3 of 6
tkendrick
in reply to: TravelTheWorld

I have the same problem. Could you explain how you solved it?

----
Use this link to tell Autodesk about features you need:
http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/index?siteID=123112&id=1109794
Message 4 of 6

I was told that import/export tool palette using Tool Palettes Customization does not work any more. So, I used Content Browser instead to export all my tool palettes as a library on a server, and the other users drag the library to their tool palettes to import. Does it make sense?

Feel free to shoot an email if you have more questions.

Thanks,

Message 5 of 6
gtmotm
in reply to: TravelTheWorld

Hi,

i am having the same problem.  could you provide some advice?  when i open contents explorer, it does list my palettes. i also am using mechanical 2012....  thnaks!!

when i open my palette on my other computer, it doesn't show any of the icons......

tom

Message 6 of 6
jjorovi
in reply to: gtmotm

Similar problem.
I am using MEP 2012.
Help!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost