Community
AutoCAD MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I need ROUND HANGERS !?!?!?

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
duran492
728 Views, 2 Replies

I need ROUND HANGERS !?!?!?

Anyone know where I can get 3D round hangers for HVAC and HYDRONICS .. ??

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
Keith.Brown
in reply to: duran492

The hangers that come with Autocad MEP do not allow a customization that will support round clevis type hangers or straps.  Your option is to either create structural members that mimic round hangers or to create mvparts that look like the hangers you are looking for.  Some manafacturers offer 3D models of their hangers (Anvil comes to mind I think) and you can download their models and convert to mvparts.  Most people use autocad mep pipes to simulate the threaded rods used in clevis hangers.

It is possible that some members of the forum here might have some hangers to share. 

Message 3 of 3
t.vanskyock
in reply to: Keith.Brown

What is the process for converting to a mvpart? It seems to be pretty timeconsuming given our supports are extremely customized and multiples are rare. Are the mvparts and the default system hangers interchangable? I would love to be able to select a support and change it to a specified mvpart once it has been converted, say from an anvil free downloaded model. Is this even possible?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost