Community
AutoCAD MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to navigate to a specific fitting in my duct fitting catalog.

1 REPLY 1
SOLVED
Message 1 of 2
dtiemeyer
420 Views, 1 Reply

How to navigate to a specific fitting in my duct fitting catalog.

I have 2 catalogs for Duct Fittings:  Autodesk Duct.apc and 'MyCompany.apc'. In 'Options' > MEP Catalogs, the Autodesk catalog is listed first and mine second., There is a specific part in my catalog that I want to create a Tool Palette button that goes to exactly that part.

When I use the 'DuctFittingAdd' command, none of the Command Line options allow me to navigate to a specific catalog, I can only filter by Shape, Type, Subtype, and a few others.

Is there any way to navigate 1) to a specific catalog, then 2) to a specific part in that catalog - perhaps by GUID or some other way.

The end goal is to create a Tool Palette button for several commonly needed parts that are not able to be placed with auto-routing.

My other CAD is a Cadillac and I like to Revit to the Max!
1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
Keith.Brown
in reply to: dtiemeyer

You can just insert one of the fittings in to a drawing and then drag and drop the fitting on to a tool palette.   Now whenever you select the tool from the tool palette it will go out and get the correct fitting and insert it into your drawing.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost