Community
AutoCAD MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to install a valve

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
mjmpe
620 Views, 1 Reply

how to install a valve

I am drwg with grooved pipe, and I want to install a vic-300 valve, so I go into equipment and I find valves, but all I see is flanged butterfly valves, how do I go about changing a valve or where would I find a vic valve to install?

thanks

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
Keith.Brown
in reply to: mjmpe

Mjmpe,

There are certainly many other valves besides a flanged butterfly available in Autocad MEP.  There are at least over 100 different types of valves available in the out of the box setup and that is a conservative guess.  As you said there are flanged valves available and you can use a grooved flanged adapeter to connect it to your grooved pipe system.  You will not find any valves that are exactly what you want.  Autodesk does not create manufacturer specific valves.  If you want a true grooved valve then you will need to roll up your shirt sleeves and create one.  I have posted a link to the Autodesk University Class by Joshua Benoist in several of your posts.  That class and the accompanying hand out gives excellent instructions on how to create custom content.

If you are using Autocad MEP to create fabrication drawings and based on previous posts it sounds like you are then I would recommend looking at the EastCoast Cad/Cam plugin.  This plugin for Autocad MEP offers 10's of thousands of real world manufacturer specific piping parts for you to use in your fabrication models.  It also offers fabrication spool automation to assist with your spooling processes.  A simple google search will turn up the information that you are looking for.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost