Community
AutoCAD MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to Copyright a Navisworks drawing?

7 REPLIES 7
Message 1 of 8
duran492
744 Views, 7 Replies

How to Copyright a Navisworks drawing?

Would any konw how to copyright a Navisworks file?

I would like to share my drawings, but also would like to be safe and let others know that the model is protected and copyrighted.

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
Keith.Brown
in reply to: duran492

What exactly do you mean by copyright?  You can make sure that it cannot be resaved so any information is not added or taken away from your nwd.  This is done in the publish dialog and you need to make sure that the May be re-saved option is not checked.

Publish window.jpg

Message 3 of 8
duran492
in reply to: Keith.Brown

right on ok...is there a way to water mark the drawing somehow?

Message 4 of 8
Keith.Brown

You could always add your own drawing that had a copyright image in it before publishing.  Since you would own it, you are free to add whatever you want to the model.  A dwf with a copyright disclaimer and logo comes to mind.

Message 5 of 8
duran492

i kinda want to have a watermark follow where ever they scroll around in the model. I like the idea of not being able to save the any changes in the model..but im also worried about printing and im wanting our company name and logo in every print they decide to print..

Message 6 of 8
Keith.Brown

I don't think that is possible without some type of plugin addon.  Even then they would have to have your plugin in order for it to work.

Message 7 of 8
duran492

gotcha...ill stick to the publish/ copyright option for now..thanks man!

Message 8 of 8
ryandshilling

I'd say the publish option is the best solution to this questionaire 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost