Community
AutoCAD MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to attach a picture to show

7 REPLIES 7
SOLVED
Message 1 of 8
mjmpe
867 Views, 7 Replies

how to attach a picture to show

I am trying to attach a picture of my Catalog so that I can show autodesk something. How do I take a pic of my catalog when its open in autocad?

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
pendean
in reply to: mjmpe

a screenshot perhaps?
Message 3 of 8
Keith.Brown

Use the printscreen button that is located on pretty much ever keyboard in the upper right portion of the keyboard layout.

Or you can download a the trial version of SnagIt from http://www.techsmith.com/snagit.html

Message 4 of 8
mjmpe

my printscreen button does not do anything. any other way of taking picture of screen?

Message 5 of 8
Keith.Brown

All the printscreen button does is take a screenshot of your screen and paste it into the clipboard.  You will need to use a program such as Microsoft paint in addition to the printscreen button.  Open up Paint and paste the screen shot by pressing CTRL-V.  If you are running dual monitors then it will grab both screens and you will have to delete the items you don't want to show.

A program such as snagit makes this entire process much easier and is invaluable in most companies day to day operations.  I communicate with customers and with co-workers daily by taking screenshots and highlighting the important details.

Message 6 of 8
s.lawrence
in reply to: Keith.Brown

Might make it a bit easier, hold down Alt and the press PrtScn. This will take a snapshot of just the active window.

Ta,
Stu

Message 7 of 8
bagchis

In Windows, Go to START and type "SNIPPING TOOL", you can use this utility to capture a screen grab. Think this feature was introduced post Win XP.

Message 8 of 8
kwizats_haderack

Hi,

you can use the default plotter integrated in Autocad "publishtowebJPG.pc3".

You can install this plug-in "screenshot". You can find it in the Autodesk Labs.

Bien cordialement / Best regards

----------------------------------------------------

Erwan ( FRENCH AUTOCAD M.E.P CAD/BIM MANAGER )

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost