Community
AutoCAD MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do you show Diffuser on Demo layer when inserting MVPART?

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
Anonymous
402 Views, 2 Replies

How do you show Diffuser on Demo layer when inserting MVPART?

Running Autocad MEP 2014, I'me made layer overides to change ductwork linetypes based on the system I select. (Example New = continuous, Existing = Dashed & Demo = Custom Line Type). I Can't seem to do the same thing with the MVPARTS, When I choose the system (Supply-Demo) it looks the same as Supply New/Existing. 

So how do you change this in the setting so when I choose Demo/New Diffuser MVPART it looks like my Example attached..

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
Keith.Brown
in reply to: Anonymous

You cannot modify how a mvpart looks just by changing the system the same way that you would for ductwork.  Ductwork would only have a single system flowing throughout the entire duct or ductfitting.  This is not true for mvparts.  In your example you only have a single system but what about an Air Handler?  It could have a handful of seperate type of systems.  Which one would it display as?

I believe that you have a couple of options.  You can create your diffusers as blockbased mvparts and modify the blocks the way that you want them to look.  You would need a different block for each size AND each type of system.  Then instead of changing the system you would change the part from a 8" new to a 8" demo diffuser.

You could also override the display of each diffuser but that could be time consuming and not very productive.  There might be other methods but I cannot think of them right now.

Message 3 of 3
Anonymous
in reply to: Keith.Brown

Thanks for the response.. I just went with a new layer overide & applied it to the MVPART, that works just fine and is faster them making blocks.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost