AutoCAD MEP General Discussion

AutoCAD MEP General Discussion

jonh
Message 1 of 1 (334 Views)

How do I enter existing electrical circuits in the EPD?

334 Views, 0 Replies
11-06-2012 01:44 PM

This question has been asked at least once before, with no responses that I can find.  Let's try again!

We often need to show existing circuits and their associated loads in our panel schedules, and calculate those existing loads along with new/demolished/changed circuit loads, to show electrical load changes for renovation projects.  This is a basic function of electrical design for any facility with existing distribution equipment.  But I am finding no straightforward means of manually entering existing loads in the EPD.

Have I missed something?  Am I really going to have to create a bunch of junction boxes in the margins of my drawings with existing loads, then circuit them to the panels just like all the new equipment, just to show existing loads (this is very much not a preferred approach!)?

Any input on this topic would be greatly appreciated!

Thank you!

Jon A. Hunt, LC
Post to the Community

Have questions about Autodesk products? Ask the community.

New Post
Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

New AutoCAD MEP Category!

The AutoCAD MEP forum has moved into it's very own category page, and can no longer be found within the Additional Product Forums.

Announcements
Do you have 60 seconds to spare? The Autodesk Community Team is revamping our site ranking system and we want your feedback! Please click here to launch the 5 question survey. As always your input is greatly appreciated.