Community
AutoCAD MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I add MEP Duct hangers in my Quickpen Duct Designer file????

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
duran492
671 Views, 2 Replies

How do I add MEP Duct hangers in my Quickpen Duct Designer file????

I am lost and need some help on how to add hangers to my drawing that I have designed with Quickpen Duct Designer??

All help will be appreciated!

Thanks!

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
Kayrondad
in reply to: duran492

that will be more of a Quikpen question...it is unclear whether you are importing Quikpen objects into MEP or MEP objects into Quikpen.  Basically, regardless of which direction you are going, the two programs "smart" objects will not be able to understand the other programs' smart objects even if saved in the parent format.

I do know the Quikpen has the capability to use MEP stuff, but if I am not mistaken the MEP stuff has to be converted to points for Quikpen to understand it....

Message 3 of 3
Keith.Brown
in reply to: duran492

You could always create a structural assembly and add that to your quickpen drawing.  It is not an Autocad MEP Hanger object but it would be a structural item.  You would have to create the hanger channel and hanger rod and then create a new structural item that marry's them together.  This is essestially what the hanger object is anyway.

It is beyond the scope of this forum to describe how to create such a 'hanger' but if you are interested I could create a sample for you.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost