Community
AutoCAD MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hiding MvParts above the global cut plane

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
Anonymous
525 Views, 3 Replies

Hiding MvParts above the global cut plane

Afternoon

Does anyone know how (when I've set the global cut plane to hide ductwork etc) I can have it so that my MvParts become hidden as well? I've got some MvPart diffusers that I don't want shown on my low level drawing.

Also, does anyone know that, when I've set the display manager to hide ducts, etc above the cut plane, the ductwork connectors and centre lines are still visible?

Also, when I've got my ductwork model xrefed into a host drawing, which drawing controls the display style?

Many thanks for any and all help!
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Martin__Schmid
in reply to: Anonymous

>>Does anyone know how (when I've set the global cut plane to hide ductwork etc) I can have it so that my MvParts become hidden as well? I've got some MvPart diffusers that I don't want shown on my low level drawing.
Make sure the MvPart's Plan Display Representation has its 'Contour - Above' display component turned off.

>>Also, does anyone know that, when I've set the display manager to hide ducts, etc above the cut plane, the ductwork connectors and centre lines are still visible?
Make sure Duct's 'xx - Above' display components are all turned off for the Plan Display Representation.

>>Also, when I've got my ductwork model xrefed into a host drawing, which drawing controls the display style?
Not really sure what you mean by 'display style', but the short answer is 'it depends'. If the host and the ref both have the same display reps (i.e., they haveppen to be named the same), then the ref controls (i.e., I set the display component in the ref to a particular color at the 'domain drawing default', and this overrode the 'domain drawing default' setting of the host. If the ref has 'display by elevation' on, and the host doesn't, then the host controls. The host also controls the cut plane settings.

Martin Schmid
Product Line Manager
Mechanical Detailing and Electrical Design
Architecture, Engineering, and Construction
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 3 of 4
Anonymous

Hi

Thanks for the reply. Sorry it's taken so long fo rme to respond.

With regards to your statement 'MvPart's Plan Display Representation has its 'Contour - Above' display component turned off.', when I go into the Display Manager, expand Representation by Object, then Multi-View Part - Plan, there aren't any 'xxx-Above' options to turn off. All there is, is 'Contour, Contour - Hidden, Connector, Connector - Graphical, Hatch, Annotation & Custom Graphics'.

Are the cut plane settings for MvParts controlled somewhere else?

Thanks for the assistance so far!
Message 4 of 4
Martin__Schmid

Assuming you're using AutoCAD MEP 2010, in Options > MEP Display Control > check 'Enable Display by Elevation'. Prior to 2010, the Display by Elevation functionality did not function for mvparts.

Martin Schmid
Product Line Manager
Mechanical Detailing and Electrical Design
Architecture, Engineering, and Construction
Autodesk, Inc.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report