Community
AutoCAD MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

hidden lines in layouts / freezing layers of systems

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
tompilzys
2229 Views, 4 Replies

hidden lines in layouts / freezing layers of systems

Hello,

I have another visual problem with showing the ducts/pipes. I prepared layouts for ploting. 3 layouts: ducts, pipes, ducts+pipes.

On the layout with ducts+pipes together, crossings of the ducts and pipes are correct, i can see the hidden lines. The problem is, that when i turned off the ducts from the layout with pipes only, the hidden lines of the pipes stayed... I mean the ducts are not visible, but the hidden lines of the pipes which were under the ducts are on. And i would like to see them as "not hidden". In the attached files you can see what i mean.

1 attached file - shows ducts and pipes together

2 attached file - shows pipes after i froze the layer with ducts.

Anyone can help here?

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
s.lawrence
in reply to: tompilzys

After you switch off the layers you want to not be shown, run OBJRELUPDATE and select the whole drawing.

If these models are Xref'd into a finished layout drawing, OBJRELUPDATE will need to be run each time the drawing is opened.

This is a recognised problem and is being investigated (see earlier post in this forum regarding OBJRELUPDATE)

Hope that helps,

Stu

Message 3 of 5
tompilzys

That solved my problem for the moment. It is not perfect (why not automaticly) but as it is reported already than we may expect it will be fixed.

Thank you for your answer 🙂

Regards

Message 4 of 5
amanichen

Sorry to resurrect this thread, but I'm having this same issue with MEP 2015 and the solution described above does not work for my situation.

Please refer to my attached photo.  When I run OBJRELUPDATE in Viewport A, the duct over/under breaks show properly, but Viewport B does not show properly.  Running OBJRELUPDATE in Viewport B has the opposite effect - Viewport A will not display the over/under properly.

Running OBJRELUPDATE from model space and paper space does not seem to have an effect.

I have tried using OBJRELUPDATE with HIDEPRECISION set to both 1 and 0.

How can I get both viewports to display correctly without having to put them on separate layouts and run OBJRELUPDATE constantly?

Message 5 of 5
Keith.Brown
in reply to: amanichen

You should be using the Display System to control the look and feel of your ductwork and not your layers in a viewport.  You can duplicate your current display representation for Viewport A and give it a unique name.  Then go into the system definition of the ductwork that you want to not show up in Viewport B and in the Display Properties tab of the system definition just turn off the ductwork for the Display Representation that you created for Viewport B.  It is a difficult process at first but once you get the hang of it you can create the different display representations that you might need pretty quickly.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

”Boost