Community
AutoCAD MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help plumbing fittings scale in paper space

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
JeffHoldsworth7681
567 Views, 2 Replies

Help plumbing fittings scale in paper space

I am having trouble with the scaling of plumbing fittings when I drag my view file to a sheet.

As I am creating a plumbing line with appropriate fittings, the fittings scale correctly, However, when I create a model space view at a particular scale say 1/4"=1'-0" and then drag that view to a sheet everything in the drawing scales as it should except for the plumbing fittings.  They appear to be scaling to 1-1 instead of 1/4"-1'-0" like everything else is. They effectively dissapear since they are so small.

I am just begining with plumbing lines and the plumbing lines and fittings are mostly out of the box. the out of box ones seem to all use annotative scaling which works fine until when it matters and I am ready to plot. Is there a system variable that overides plumbing fittings annotative scale when the are xrefed into a  viewport on a sheet? Any ideas on how to fix this????

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3

Check the scale in model space of the sheet.  Some times the plumbing fitting show up with the scale in model space instead of the scale of the viewport.  That a problem I come across some times but its random.

Message 3 of 3

Thank you so much! I changed the scale in model space and walla it
worked. It's weird cause the annotaition lables on the pipe were scaling
correct, it was just the fittings

--

Jeff
JeffHoldsworthDesignandConstruction.com

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This email, including any attachments, may contain
privileged or confidential information and is meant only for the use of the
intended recipients. If the email was not intended for you, please delete
the email and any attachments; do not use, copy or distribute the contents
in any form; destroy any copies that may have been made and notify the
sender by return email or by calling (928) 753-9793. Thank you.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost