Community
AutoCAD MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

help pleaseeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!! Layers

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
drafter1411
526 Views, 6 Replies

help pleaseeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!! Layers

Hi everyone, I'm trying to learn Acad MEP.
When I open a new drawing; it has the layers and dimension style of the drawing I just closed out of.
I have closed out of Mep completely and open a new session and it still has the layers and dimension styles of the old
drawing.
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
jcleghorn
in reply to: drafter1411

Choose file - new
Then choose the ACAD.dwt template under file types
That will clean your slate.
Good luck!
Message 3 of 7
drafter1411

Thanks, that is what I have to do every time I open a session of MEP. Somehow I have saved the old drawing as a start up temp. There has to be away to clear it.
thanks for your help
Message 4 of 7
mainline

check your default QNEW under the template settings in files tab in options dialogue box
Message 5 of 7
drafter1411

thanks, I'm begiinig to wonder if these layers are standard for MEP. If they are is there away to get rid of them?

ps I did check the path it's correct.
Message 6 of 7
Anonymous

wrote
> I'm begiinig to wonder if these layers are standard for MEP.

The Aecb Model template should give you something like this:
Message 7 of 7

Hi, I had the layer problem in MEP and also when trying to clean up Arch dwgs sent to us,
Use the obscure ACAD command - "laydel" this will allow you to select layers to be deleted! CAUTION this gets rid or EVERYTHING on the layer also so be careful - this command will also allow you to delete the "defpoints" layer too!!!!! - here is another trick - if you lock a layer you want to keep it won't show up in the box of layers you can delete. Good Luck
Rick

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost