Community
AutoCAD MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help, I'm not sure what I did to AutoCad MEP 2014 open button

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
Anonymous
728 Views, 5 Replies

Help, I'm not sure what I did to AutoCad MEP 2014 open button

When I click on the open file button, instead of opening a window so I can navigate through file folders, it prompts me to enter the file that I wish to open in the command line. I worked before but as of a few days ago, I have to enter the exact dwg name I want to open. I'm sure its a setting that I might have turned off, I just can find the solution. Thanks in advance. 

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
troma
in reply to: Anonymous

This forum is not for questions about AutoDesk product. It is for feedback on the use of the forums. What prompted you to ask you question here? I'm genuinely interested in how that happens. It seems to happen quite a lot, and it would be interesting to know why, and what can be done to better help new posters find the correct place for their question.

Meanwhile, your question is a common one. FILEDIA is the setting you need.

Mark Green

Working on Civil 3D in Canada

Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
in reply to: troma

I apologize but I am having quite a bit of difficulty finding where I can post a question. This was the only area that allowed me to post anything. Can you direct me to the correct location?
Message 4 of 6
troma
in reply to: Anonymous

Looks like this thread has been moved to the right place. Hopefully that helps you find it again for next time.

Mark Green

Working on Civil 3D in Canada

Message 5 of 6
Happypants2112
in reply to: troma

Verify the FILEDIA is set to 1.

Message 6 of 6

Thank you! this was driving me nuts!!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost