Community
AutoCAD MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help. Drawing's Objects look like crap...

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
Shawn_SunsetAir
529 Views, 4 Replies

Help. Drawing's Objects look like crap...

Hopefully someone has an answer for this.  I have an Autocad MEP project that I've been working on for a while now.  I was noticing that the way it rendered the objects in conceptual or realistic was a little crappy... But I was assuming that it was my graphics card  (It's an Nvidia GTX 480). 

Anywhoo... I exported a 3D DWF file of the project and it looked like Hell.  I was like... there is no way that this is a graphics card issue.  So I went into an old BIM job and exported a 3D DWF....  It looked good to me.   I then thought... .Maybe it was something with the objects or the reference files?  So I copied out the construct drawing, deleted everything, purged it, and drew a couple ducts.  I then created a new drawing and did the same thing.  I even copied the ductwork from each drawing into each other so that I could confirm it was the drawing, and not the objects.

Attached is the result.  Anyone know of a toggle or setting that I don't know about that would fix this.  I don't want to have to recreate the drawings, copy and paste from the other job, and hope everything looks good.

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
pothied
in reply to: Shawn_SunsetAir

I'd be happy to try to help you with this issue. You indicate that this problem is drawing specific. Would it be possible for you to attach a small sample drawing with this problem to this thread and I'll see if I can reproduce your results and see if I can find a fix for this.

David Pothier

Message 3 of 5
Shawn_SunsetAir
in reply to: pothied

Here's an example. 

(For some reason.... It won't let me upload the .dwg file)

Message 4 of 5
nestly2
in reply to: Shawn_SunsetAir

@shawnbassplayer wrote:

Here's an example. 

(For some reason.... It won't let me upload the .dwg file)

The forums are having an intermittent issue with attaching .dwg files.  You should be able to upload if you put the drawing in a zip.

Message 5 of 5
pothied
in reply to: nestly2

If you can't attach the file, you can email it to me directly at dave.pothier@autodesk.com

David Pothier

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost