Community
AutoCAD MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Have to move objects to make hidden lines show correctly

7 REPLIES 7
SOLVED
Message 1 of 8
hvpcad
1421 Views, 7 Replies

Have to move objects to make hidden lines show correctly

When I  am working on a drawing, I have the hidden linework showing correctly on duct, equip. etc. When I re-open the same drawing, the hidden linework shows solid again. The only way I can fix it is to window the whole drawing, do a move command, move it, and then do an undo to move everything back to original location. Then it shows hidden. I need to know the setting or what I need to do so this does not happen. If I don't do this move procedure, they plot solid also.

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
Andrew_T
in reply to: hvpcad

In "Options" under the "MEP Display Control" tab make sure "Increase Drawing Open Performance by Saving Hidden Lines in Drawing" is checked.

Message 3 of 8
hvpcad
in reply to: Andrew_T

Thanks, I tried that before, but I see I need to reset the style to make it work.

Message 4 of 8
gregg.stanley

Have you tried Objrelupdate? The command will refresh the graphics on the selected objects or the entire drawing. BTW, which version are you having this problem with?

Thanks

Gregg

Gregg Stanley
QA Analyst
AEC
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 5 of 8
hvpcad

I am using MEP Suite 2010. To have to do these different commands to show the hidden Duct/Equpment properly seems wrong to me. To me if you draw it and have the stuff hidden, it should just be that way and not change every time you open the drawing.

Message 6 of 8
gregg.stanley

Do you have Update 2 installed? You can get the latest Updates and hot fixes here:

http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/ps/dl/index?siteID=123112&id=2334435&linkID=9240938#section2

Thank you,

Gregg Stanley
QA Analyst
AEC
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 7 of 8
hvpcad

Yes, I do have update 2 installed. When does MEP 2011 come out? hopfully that wil fix this.

Message 8 of 8
gregg.stanley

2011 is already out for both Revit and AutoCAD MEP. We did resolve this problem in 2011 as well as resolve many other problems.

Gregg Stanley
QA Analyst
AEC
Autodesk, Inc.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost