Community
AutoCAD MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hatched duct fittings

6 REPLIES 6
SOLVED
Message 1 of 7
chaUY6RM
2053 Views, 6 Replies

Hatched duct fittings

Hello

I have a problem with hatched duct fittings as shown on the attached picture. I dont get why some of the fittings are hatched while others are not, even though the properties seems to be the same. Sometimes I can get the hatch to disappear by moving the fitting slightly but thats not very practical, so I really hope that someone knows how to fix this problem.

Thanks in advance

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
dbutts7
in reply to: chaUY6RM

Can you post the drawing so I can test it? don't need reference files, just the drawing with the fittings.

thanks - db

David A. Butts

Engineering Technology Manager - Gannett Fleming

Revit Certified Professional/Autodesk Certified Instructor

Revit, AutoCAD Architecture, MEP, Plant 3D, BIM Collaborate Pro Subject Matter Expert

The MEP BIM/CAD Engineer Blog

EESignature

Message 3 of 7
chaUY6RM
in reply to: dbutts7

Hi David

I really appreciate your prompt response and hope you find a solution. Here is a drawing without the reference files. 

Best Regards

Christian Hede Andersen 

Message 4 of 7
dbutts7

Ok, called up the file, the fittings did not hatch like your image (BTW, you need to figure out how to shorten up your file names - don't use special characters like commas, as this can corrupt a file). I ran an audit, and checked the diplay rep settings (no issues, but purge did clean a lot out of the drawing) - what template did you use to make this file?

Drawing parts aside, I don't think its the drawing but most likely is the system or installation. first thing is to adjust are the display acceleration settings.

From the application menu, select options. On the systems tab, select Graphics Performance. try diabling hardware performance to see if this improves the display and gets rid of the poche. It's turn on for my system, so see how yours is configured.

Make sure you have the latest display adapter drivers for your computer - sometimes this fixes several items at once.

If you do all of this, and still get the error, start a new drawing from a template. Copy and paste all of the items in the new drawing, and see if you have the same issue.

If you're in metric, I recommend using the AECB Model templates as your basis for all your model drawings. This file includes several predefined display configurations that may help. I make a new template every release using these templates as a starting point, and use the style manager/design center to move my standards forward. This usually eliminates any configuration errors.

Try these first and let me know if they help -

thanks - David B.

David A. Butts

Revit, AutoCAD Architecture, MEP, Plant 3D, BIM Collaborate Pro Subject Matter Expert

EESignature

Message 5 of 7
dbutts7
in reply to: dbutts7

I also just noticed something else - and it crashed my AutoCAD MEP 2016. Right before the crash, I noticed your items are a LOONNGGG way from the drawing base point (0,0). How did you place these items - did you reference in a background, and then draw over top of it?

I've gone ahead and copied the items into a new drawing, and found numerous errors in how you put the model together, such as duct not being drawing at elevation, disconnected duct where it should be connected, equipment that's 2D instead of an mvpart, fittings that just dropped out in space, etc. This probably has more to do with not using the program correctly than anything else.

AutoCAD MEP is designed to model in 3D the correct representation of objects. That includes everything - the equipment, the duct, fittings, etc. be modeled at the correct elevation above finished floor, with items correctly connected using AutoCAD MEP snaps (not AutoCAD snaps). this looks more like you're apply 2D work methods to a 3D model.

Let me know where you are located, and I'll set up a quick webex session to show you how this is supposed to work. Doing this incorrectly can lead to numerous problems, and I highly recommend some training on this - it will really help you out.

email me directly at dabfvnc1@nc.rr.com.

thanks - David B.

David A. Butts

EESignature

Message 6 of 7
Keith.Brown

Your objects are showing as hatched because you are telling them to display that way.  The display of all MEP objects are controlled by the display manager.  In the case of your drawing you are using MEP Display and in a plan view.  If you go to that display setting you will see that you have turned on Center Line, Center Line - Hidden, and Hatch.  These are turned off by default in the MEP templates.  Other than the fact that you do not want to see the hatch there is no reason that you cannot have it on.

Duct Plan Display Representation.png

Message 7 of 7
Keith.Brown

Here is a screencast of how to quickly fix it.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost