Community
AutoCAD MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hanger Not Attached to Conduit

14 REPLIES 14
Message 1 of 15
Anonymous
779 Views, 14 Replies

Hanger Not Attached to Conduit

I want to change the elevation of a conduit run I have. However, when I change the eleavtion, only a portion of my hangers move with the conduit, while the rest remain at the previous elevation. Is there a way to keep the hangers attached to my conduit when I change elevation?

14 REPLIES 14
Message 2 of 15
Keith.Brown
in reply to: Anonymous

They should be automagically attached to the conduit if you used the AutoRouting tool but sometimes they do become unanchored.  When they do you can re-anchor them using the OBJECTANCHORATTACH command.

Message 3 of 15
Anonymous
in reply to: Keith.Brown

OBJECTANCHORATTACH did solve this problem. However I'd prefer to not have to manually select and anchor every hanger on every conduit. Is there a way to avoid doing this? I'm not sure if I'm using AutoRouting or not.. I simply use the comand HANGERADD, choose a start point, and then a direction.

Message 4 of 15
Keith.Brown

@Anonymous wrote:

OBJECTANCHORATTACH did solve this problem. However I'd prefer to not have to manually select and anchor every hanger on every conduit. Is there a way to avoid doing this? I'm not sure if I'm using AutoRouting or not.. I simply use the comand HANGERADD, choose a start point, and then a direction.

That is what I would consider AutoRouting.  They should be anchored to the pipe when they are added.  Are you copying them from one set of pipes to another?  This could cause the anchor to break.

By the way you can also select the anchor and right click on it and choose anchor to system and then choose the pipe.

Message 5 of 15
Anonymous

No copying, just using the command CONDUITADD. 

How/where do you select the "anchor"? All I see when I click the hanger is a location grip.. (new to MEP)

Also, is there some preference/setting I could try changing to fix this default anchor issue?

Message 6 of 15
Anonymous

I've noticed the hangers only remain with the conduit that I selected. For example, say I have an L shaped conduit run (straight, 90 degree turn, striaght), and hangers along both straight parts. When I click a straight part to change the elevation (in properties), only the hangers on that straight move with it, even though both straights (and the 90 degree turn) also change elevation. Any Ideas?

Message 7 of 15
VitalyF

Hi,

I want to change the elevation of a conduit run ...

You can not use the "Move"?

ConduitElevation.gif

Message 8 of 15
Keith.Brown

@Anonymous wrote:

I've noticed the hangers only remain with the conduit that I selected. For example, say I have an L shaped conduit run (straight, 90 degree turn, striaght), and hangers along both straight parts. When I click a straight part to change the elevation (in properties), only the hangers on that straight move with it, even though both straights (and the 90 degree turn) also change elevation. Any Ideas?

I am getting the same result that you are.  I tried it with pipe, duct, and cabletray and got the same results.  I don't use the AutoCAD MEP hangers so I havent seen this bug before.  I will see if i can get a autodesk employee to respond to this thread and see if they also get the same result.  Hopefully they can put it before the development team.

Message 9 of 15
Anonymous

Kieth that would be great, I appreciate it. Please keep me informed with any discoveries you make.

@VitalyF, using the move command would work but it is not ideal. I do not want to manually click every hanger to change the conduit position.

Message 10 of 15
Keith.Brown

FYI.  The problem exists in both AutoCAD MEP 2014 and 2015.  It might get fixed in a service pack for 2015 but more than likely if it gets fixed it would probably be 2016.

Message 11 of 15
Anonymous

Okay, that's unfortnuate, my company uses 2013.

Message 12 of 15
VitalyF

VitalyF, using the move command would work but it is not ideal...

Excuse me, but if you notice conduits move with Hanger
Otherwise handmade you will not escape...

Vitaly

Message 13 of 15
VitalyF

Hi

Unfortunately MEP2015 SP1 did not solve this problem! ((

Hunger.gif

Message 14 of 15
Anonymous
in reply to: VitalyF

^ Yeah thats exactly what happens to me. This is a huge problem, if anyone finds a fix please chime in.

Message 15 of 15
jtm2020hyo

Maybe you might move the anchored objects like Cable Tray or Conduit, then use the OBJRELUPDATE command.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report