Community
AutoCAD MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ground Block Structural member style

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
Tom_Eitelbach
413 Views, 2 Replies

Ground Block Structural member style

I have created the attached Ground block structural member style (AMEP 2015). My computer is real jerky when stretching it. I had similar problems with AMEP 2014 and the unistrut member style (I skiped 2013, worked great in 2012). That problem seamed to fix itself, maybe through a service pack? I know people were saying they were having problems in 2013/14, with slow response while running conduit. I never had the problem.

Can someone else here tell me if they are having the same sluggishness with this drawing or is it my under powered computer. The holes in the ground bar are not used in the medium detail display rep, But I still have the same Slow response.

Thanks

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
Keith.Brown
in reply to: Tom_Eitelbach

I looked at your style and while it looks really good there is way to much unnecesarry geometry in it for day to day work.  The standoffs attached to the grounding bar are all tapered in more than one location.  This causes issues as it is very expensive to redraw this as you are dragging the piece.  It will redraw it for every little step that the cursor takes to get to its final position.  And it will redraw the entire object every time.  There are 4 tapers per standoff and 6 standoffs total.  This is very expensive to redraw.  I would try recreating the object with just a straight cylinder and see how well it performs then.

Message 3 of 3
Tom_Eitelbach
in reply to: Keith.Brown

Thanks,

I thought for sure  it was all the small holes drilled in the bar, but even when I removed them it did not make a difference. changing the insulators on the mount to simple cylinders helped out a lot.

I was also thinking it was made with a template file that I have been using, and maybe there was a problem with it. the original template file was from 2012 and saved-as for 2014 then 2015

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost