Community
AutoCAD MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FONT CHANGES

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
Folatwins
482 Views, 3 Replies

FONT CHANGES

May I know why font changes each time I copy from the paper space in an old sheet to a new one? 

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
s.lawrence
in reply to: Folatwins

Check the style of text you are cutting and pasting. Type ST at the command line.

You'll probably find that the style you are copying exists in the new drawing and uses a differnt font.

Message 3 of 4
Folatwins
in reply to: s.lawrence

Thank you for responding. Does it then mean that if I'm copying an existing font it will be overridden? I need more clarifications please. Thanks.

Message 4 of 4
s.lawrence
in reply to: Folatwins

If you type 'ST' at the command line and press enter, it will bring up the 'Text Style manager box. In the left window will be a list of the existing styles in your drawing. With each of these styles will be associated a font name, a height, width factor etc. If you copy text of this style (for example, style 'Romans') into a drawing which also contains the same style name ('Romans'),when you paste the text will inherit the style in the new drawing.

There may be a couple of other reasons this may be happening, but I would imagine this is the correct one..

Stu

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost