Community
AutoCAD MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FLOOR SLAB "MISSING"

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
Kayrondad
621 Views, 5 Replies

FLOOR SLAB "MISSING"

I created a floor and roof slab for sectioning purposes.  when I cut a section thru duct, pipe, columns, beams, everything is there but the floor slab.  When I go to a 3d view, I can get it to find it, but in plan view nothing.

I even delete the roof slab and the floor slab is not there.  

bottom of roff slab 10'-3", top of floor slab 0" with -6" thickness.

What am I missing?

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
pothied
in reply to: Kayrondad

I'm not sure what you are missing. Can you post the file so I can take a look at it and see what you are missing?

David Pothier

Message 3 of 6
Keith.Brown

If I start a new drawing from the out of the box us imperial template I can create a slab and see it in plan view.  Additionally i can create a section and have the slab appear in the section.  If you are not experiencing the same results then you need to check your display settings for the slab object in your current display representation.   Let us know if you need assistance doing that.

Message 4 of 6
pothied

Are you still having a problem with getting your floor slab to show up in a section? If so, I would like to help you get it to show up and the fastest and simplest way would be to post attach a dwg with the objects in question so that I can determine why the slab isn't showing. If I don't hear back, I will assume that you got it working.

David Pothier

Message 5 of 6
Kayrondad
in reply to: pothied

No solution yet.  I have been swamped and just short cutted around it to make it work.  The drawing is too large so I cannot attach it unfortunately.

Message 6 of 6
pothied

Instead of sending a large file, perhaps you could block out a small section of the drawing and save it to a seperate file and send that.

David Pothier

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost