Community
AutoCAD MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

fixing the take-out of fittings

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
mjmpe
668 Views, 4 Replies

fixing the take-out of fittings

Can someone walk me thru the process of changing the fittings to the appropiate take-outs. I am drwg 4" buttweld and I have 90's in there, that should be long radius elbows. The take-out should be 6" and it is measureing 4-01/4". I went into pipe preferences and all it gives me is generic elbows to choose from. how/where do I find LR elbows? or how do I change the take-out of the generic elbow.

thanks

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
kwizats_haderack
in reply to: mjmpe

Hi,

could you send me a example and i check.

Bien cordialement / Best regards

----------------------------------------------------

Erwan ( FRENCH AUTOCAD M.E.P CAD/BIM MANAGER )
Message 3 of 5
Keith.Brown

Please make sure that you are looking in the correct catalog.  There are Butt Welded fittings under the General Pipe (US Imperial) catalog but these are all GENERIC fittings.  Under the Steel Pipe catalog there is a section for Butt Weld fittings with the correct dimensions.  The 4" Butt Weld LR Elbow has a 6" takeout.

Message 4 of 5
Keith.Brown
in reply to: Keith.Brown

Pictures of the two very different elbows.

Generic 4in Butt Weld Elbow.jpg

Steel 4in Butt Weld Elbow.jpg

Message 5 of 5
mjmpe

Keith,

I think I am spinning my wheels here. I looked exactly where you told me to  for the LR elbows, my catalog does not even give a a buttweld choice. I went into General pipe (US Imperial) I do not have an option to choose Buttweld. All it gives me is Flanged, Glued, and Threaded. Is this where the problem is? And when I go into my style manager/ parts routing preference when I scroll down all my imperial parts are grayed out & I cannot pick them.

GENERAL PIPE (IMPERIAL)

HDPE PIPE (IMPERIAL)

COPPER PIPE (IMPERIAL)

PLASTIC PIPE (IMPERIAL)

CAST IRON (IMPERIAL)

DUCTILE IRON (IMPERIAL)

All these are grayed out and I cannot choose them. I think this is where the problem is, not sure though.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost