AutoCAD MEP General Discussion

AutoCAD MEP General Discussion

Valued Contributor
mjmpe
Message 1 of 5 (460 Views)

fixing the take-out of fittings

460 Views, 4 Replies
04-11-2013 07:53 AM

Can someone walk me thru the process of changing the fittings to the appropiate take-outs. I am drwg 4" buttweld and I have 90's in there, that should be long radius elbows. The take-out should be 6" and it is measureing 4-01/4". I went into pipe preferences and all it gives me is generic elbows to choose from. how/where do I find LR elbows? or how do I change the take-out of the generic elbow.

thanks

Valued Mentor
kwizats_haderack
Message 2 of 5 (441 Views)

Re : fixing the take-out of fittings

04-13-2013 02:41 AM in reply to: mjmpe

Hi,

could you send me a example and i check.

Bien cordialement / Best regards

----------------------------------------------------

Erwan ( FRENCH AUTOCAD M.E.P CAD/BIM MANAGER )
*Expert Elite*
Keith.Brown
Message 3 of 5 (405 Views)

Re: fixing the take-out of fittings

04-22-2013 03:41 PM in reply to: mjmpe

Please make sure that you are looking in the correct catalog.  There are Butt Welded fittings under the General Pipe (US Imperial) catalog but these are all GENERIC fittings.  Under the Steel Pipe catalog there is a section for Butt Weld fittings with the correct dimensions.  The 4" Butt Weld LR Elbow has a 6" takeout.

Keith Brown AutoCAD MEP BLOG | RSS Feed
AutoCAD MEP 2014 | Revit 2014 | EastCoast CAD/CAM V6.1 | Visual Studio 2013
────────────────────────────────────
⁞|⁞ Please use Mark Solutions!.Accept as Solution and Give Kudos!Give Kudos as appropriate. Thank you!
*Expert Elite*
Keith.Brown
Message 4 of 5 (403 Views)

04-22-2013 03:48 PM in reply to: Keith.Brown

Pictures of the two very different elbows.

Generic 4in Butt Weld Elbow.jpg

Steel 4in Butt Weld Elbow.jpg

Keith Brown AutoCAD MEP BLOG | RSS Feed
AutoCAD MEP 2014 | Revit 2014 | EastCoast CAD/CAM V6.1 | Visual Studio 2013
────────────────────────────────────
⁞|⁞ Please use Mark Solutions!.Accept as Solution and Give Kudos!Give Kudos as appropriate. Thank you!
Valued Contributor
mjmpe
Message 5 of 5 (388 Views)

04-23-2013 05:00 AM in reply to: mjmpe

Keith,

I think I am spinning my wheels here. I looked exactly where you told me to  for the LR elbows, my catalog does not even give a a buttweld choice. I went into General pipe (US Imperial) I do not have an option to choose Buttweld. All it gives me is Flanged, Glued, and Threaded. Is this where the problem is? And when I go into my style manager/ parts routing preference when I scroll down all my imperial parts are grayed out & I cannot pick them.

GENERAL PIPE (IMPERIAL)

HDPE PIPE (IMPERIAL)

COPPER PIPE (IMPERIAL)

PLASTIC PIPE (IMPERIAL)

CAST IRON (IMPERIAL)

DUCTILE IRON (IMPERIAL)

All these are grayed out and I cannot choose them. I think this is where the problem is, not sure though.

Post to the Community

Have questions about Autodesk products? Ask the community.

New Post
Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

New AutoCAD MEP Category!

The AutoCAD MEP forum has moved into it's very own category page, and can no longer be found within the Additional Product Forums.

Announcements
Do you have 60 seconds to spare? The Autodesk Community Team is revamping our site ranking system and we want your feedback! Please click here to launch the 5 question survey. As always your input is greatly appreciated.