AutoCAD MEP General Discussion

AutoCAD MEP General Discussion

griffico
Message 1 of 4 (418 Views)

Fittings Suddenly Lose MEP Connections

418 Views, 3 Replies
12-13-2012 08:46 AM

First time poster... I've tried searching for this particular topic previously, but I've yet to find a satisfactory answer.

Since I started using MEP versions of AutoCAD a couple years ago, it seems that every drawing I work on eventually has something funny happen with the MEP connections.  It doesn't sem to matter if it's piping, ductwork or plumbing schematics, eventually I seem to come across a "breaking point" at which the program decides to sever huge chunks of connections in the drawing.  I now have a large underground plumbing drawing in which every single fitting suddenly became disconnected without any apparent reason.  Like I said, I've run into this with piping and ductwork before too, but I'm getting really fed up with it now.  Is there any way to fix this? 

smurphy
Message 2 of 4 (383 Views)

Re: Fittings Suddenly Lose MEP Connections

12-19-2012 07:56 AM in reply to: griffico

It appears that your fittings are at a different elevation than your piping.  I was able to move the fittings and reconnect, and everything seems fine. 

griffico
Message 3 of 4 (359 Views)

12-21-2012 08:24 AM in reply to: griffico

Hmm.. spot-checked the drawing again and that's not what I found (everything I checked was at 2").  Is it possible that something specific to my machine might be causing this?  I just had a similar thing happen on yet another drawing.  Everything was going fine and then suddenly *poof!*  everything stopped connecting correctly on some lines.

Active Contributor
rikkicarey
Message 4 of 4 (190 Views)

10-25-2013 12:43 PM in reply to: griffico

I've had this issue randomly with plumbing pipes. 

I actually came to the forum today about a possibly related issue.... I'll post that on a new thread.

Just wanted to comment here so I see any replies. :smileyhappy:

Post to the Community

Have questions about Autodesk products? Ask the community.

New Post
Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

New AutoCAD MEP Category!

The AutoCAD MEP forum has moved into it's very own category page, and can no longer be found within the Additional Product Forums.

Announcements
Are You Going To Be @ AU 2014? Feel free to drop by our AU topic post and share your plans, plug a class that you're teaching, or simply check out who else from the community might be in attendance. Ohh and don't forgot to stop by the Autodesk Help | Learn | Collaborate booths in the Exhibit Hall and meet our community team if you get a chance!