Community
AutoCAD MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

File Open dialog box size

8 REPLIES 8
Message 1 of 9
SteveR...
4122 Views, 8 Replies

File Open dialog box size

Is there a way to make the File-Open dialog box larger? We frequently work on projects with 80+ CAD files in one directory. As a result, I have to enlarge the window virtually every time I open a file so I can see more than 10 or so files and their properties.

Ideally, this window would remember the size you last changed it to...is there any way to make that happen automatically? That should be standard for a program where you are typically using more than 10-15 files.
8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
Keith.Brown
in reply to: SteveR...

This is a problem for us also. It would also be nice if the part insertion dialog box did the same thing. When inserting parts, fittings, etc, I am always dragging the size of the dialog window to make it larger.
Message 3 of 9
SteveR...

Years ago, for ACAD 2004, I found a way to put values for dimensions in the registry for the dialog box...that worked great until we changed versions and I couldn't get it to work anymore. If anyone knows of a similar workaround, I'd love to hear it.
Message 4 of 9
SteveR...

Anyone?  Can someone from Autodesk address this?  There should be an extraordinarily simple solution.

Message 5 of 9
j_vallance20

This is also a problem for me as well. I know that AutoCad 2007 on Windows XP we could make the dialog box stay the same size as previously set. I would really like to know about a fix for this on as well.

Message 6 of 9
gudengfeng

Hey,

thanks for your suggestion.

i tried it in AutoCAD MEP 2011, but the size of this dialog last used could be remembered on my side.

so can you attach some images for the dialogs which could not remember the last used size? so that i can understand correctly.

AutoCAD MEP Test Developer
Message 7 of 9
corcad

I found reg keys for height and width in the following location on my system. 

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Autodesk\AutoCAD\R18.1\ACAD-9006:409\Profiles\AutoCAD MEP (US Imperial)\Dialogs\Select File

Message 8 of 9
TheRuinner13

OK, Please - what do you do with the HKEY info. Anything I mess up I have to have my sysadmin fix BTW....

Thanks in advance.

Maybe I can get him to adjust this.  Editing atttribute blocks is beyond tedious when you have to expand the dialog every time. We have some quite large ones.

Windows 7 Pro, HP Z400 w/Dual Acer Monitors, 24G Ram, AutoCAD 2013~2015e
Message 9 of 9
planker81

This problem happened to me when I moved AutoCAD to my secondary monitor. If you keep AutoCAD on your primary monitor, it will remember the File Open dialog box size.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost