Community
AutoCAD MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FATAL ERROR message- ACAD MEP 2013

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
kcrane
4902 Views, 4 Replies

FATAL ERROR message- ACAD MEP 2013

The message is: "Fatal Error: Unhandled Access Violation Reading 0x0010 Exception at fb417b12h". This comes up when the software is trying to load.

History: Have rebooted, made sure autodesk updates were current, defragged and cleaned the hard drive, performed windows updates, 'repaired' the software from the uninstall wizard, tried a soft reinstall from that same wizard, then completely reinstalled it when all of the above failed to fix. Still getting fatal errors, athough the exceptions have changed depending on what 'fix' just occured. Any one know anything else I can try? I need to put out files quickly...

Tags (1)
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
jcleghorn
in reply to: kcrane

What is your OS? What is your machine? what is your video card?

Message 3 of 5
kcrane

Windows 7 Ultimate 64x

Nvidia Quadro 4000M

Dell Precision M6600

Message 4 of 5
GlenJNorris

Try the following:

It may be that there is a bad "GraphicsCache" file that is causing the crash; probably the most recently created one.  If you delete the bad file you should be able to restart OK.

For Win 7,

c:\Users\<username>\AppData\Local\Autodesk\AutoCAD <product name>\R19.0\enu\GraphicsCache

Then you can just delete the cache files from this folder (they are named *.AcDsGcCache).

After you remove those files from this folder, you should be able to avoid this crash.

This the reply I got from Autodesk

Regards

Message 5 of 5
shen_o6

try to resset your settings.

hope this may help!!!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost