Community
AutoCAD MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Extreme details of a Multiview part

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
marco.defina
440 Views, 6 Replies

Extreme details of a Multiview part

Hello,

i have my Mview part, i taked froma software that export a STEP file with a lot of faces. he result is that my mwpart is a lot heavy.

It's a way to change the detail of Mview part or change the block i used to create? I will not make another time every Mview part...

In the esport in dwg is a way to have a export with lower details?

1.JPG

BIM Manager - HVAC and Plumbing designer https://www.autodesk.it/content/dam/autodesk/www/products/responsive-imagery/responsive-badges-compare/2019/navisworks-manage-2019-badge-75x75.pngApp AutoCAD per dispositivi mobili premiumNavisWorks Simulate3ds Max___________________________________________________________________________
Please use Mark Solutions!.Accept as Solution and Give Kudos!Give Kudos as appropriate to further enhance these forums.

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
Keith.Brown
in reply to: marco.defina

Hi Marco,

You didnt mention what program you were using to export the mvpart but usually programs such as Inventer have a shrinkwrap option.  This option will allow you to "wrap" the part in a skin and then just export the skin.  If you are using inventor you can also try saving the file as a Building Component Autodesk Exchange file (*.adsk). For more information, consult the Inventor User Guide.

I have not exported from Inventor all that much but based on the picture below you might be just as well off to draw the part yourself quickly with a couple of 3d solids.  You might get faster/better results.

Message 3 of 7
marco.defina
in reply to: Keith.Brown

I did not use inventor, the solid is exported from a selection program of the Air terminal company (export only in this way with this details)

The question is, can Autocad MEP reduce the detail in exporting?

If not, can i change the Mwpart block details in the catalog without remake all mwparts?

BIM Manager - HVAC and Plumbing designer https://www.autodesk.it/content/dam/autodesk/www/products/responsive-imagery/responsive-badges-compare/2019/navisworks-manage-2019-badge-75x75.pngApp AutoCAD per dispositivi mobili premiumNavisWorks Simulate3ds Max___________________________________________________________________________
Please use Mark Solutions!.Accept as Solution and Give Kudos!Give Kudos as appropriate to further enhance these forums.

Message 4 of 7
VitalyF

Hi Marco,

try this option >>

Solids.gif

Regards,

Vitaly

Message 5 of 7
marco.defina
in reply to: VitalyF

This is a good info, but i see i have a different problem, it's not a mesh is composite with hundreds surfaces. So my only solution is to create a new block and change the block in mvpart with content editor...It's possible?

Message 6 of 7
VitalyF

Hi,

No, the content editor can not simplify blocks.

It can make Inventor or SolidWorks

You can attach an example?

Vitaly

Message 7 of 7
marco.defina
in reply to: VitalyF

@VitalyF wrote:

Hi,

No, the content editor can not simplify blocks.

It can make Inventor or SolidWorks

You can attach an example?

Vitaly

Attached...if i make then with inventor can i replace the block in pvpart and update the catalog?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost