Community
AutoCAD MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Export Tool Palettes?

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
Anonymous
523 Views, 1 Reply

Export Tool Palettes?

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2

You are not able to do it as documented. I asked the question and received the following answer: To explain, the "Tool Palettes" tab in the customize dialog box is available only with AutoCAD 2004. With ADT 2004 and ABS 2004 this option is not available since both these software's use "Content Browser" to store and distribute tool palette contents. I'm copying below a documentation explaining the procedure to export Tool Palettes in ADT 2004 (applicable to ABS 2004 as well): ------------------------------------------------------------------- In Architectural Desktop 2004 the Autocad 2004 functionality to Export the Tool Palettes with a Right Click, has been disabled due to the interoperability with the commands and the Design Center Content. Administrator Tool Palettes: Customize the Tool Palettes on system A Open the Aec Content Browser Create a new Catalog and save it to a network location Select the Tool Palette Tabs you want to export and drag them slowly to the Aec Content Browser with the left mouse button pressed down Open the Aec Content Browser on a client system B and browse to the network location Insert the Tool Palettes per drag and drop into your Palettes The inserted palettes are applied with a refresh option, that means that thes Tool palettes are updated every time you start Architectural Desktop . This functionality can be disabled in the Palette Options The administrator can set additional Open/Write options to this network location, to prevent that the common used Tool Palettes are modified by users without appropriate user rights. Please reset the path to the Design Center Content the Architectural Desktop Options, if they are placed also on a network location. The content folder structure should be used in the default way to ensure the full functionality of all DC tools, like tags. Export Tool Palettes from System A to System B Customize the Tool Palettes on System A Copy all files in the folder C:\Documents and Settings\username\\Application Data\Autodesk\Autodesk Architectural Desktop 2004\R16.0\enu\Support\WorkspaceCatalog Paste the *.atc files to the same folder on System B This Tool Palettes are transferred once without a refresh update functionality If the Tool Palettes are changes on System A, you will have different Versions of the Tool Palettes on System A and System B ----------------------------------------------------------------- However installing the "Tool Palette" extension with ADT 2004 and ABS 2004 brings in the "Tool Palette" tab in the customize dialog box. And as observed by you this does not have the rename, delete, export, import buttons. This is as designed "Bill Brookman" wrote in message news:4B8F3112F69469763B35E372C82CBACC@in.WebX.maYIadrTaRb... > I've installed the tool palette extension. The help file indicates I can > export the palette by right clicking and using the customize screen. Is > this an error in the documentation? I would like to set up custom palettes > and use them both at work and at home. Is this possible? > > > Thanks for any help. > bb > >

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost