Community
AutoCAD MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EPD file issues

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
balddude
723 Views, 1 Reply

EPD file issues

I have one drawing (named Power.dwg) with my panels in it, and another one (namded Lighting.dwg).  They both reference the same EPD file. 

Occasionally, the circuit information in the Lighting.dwg will be lost.

Any ideas how to prevent this would be helpful.  And no I can't I put everything in the same file because I need two different people working on the same project at the same time.

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
awitt
in reply to: balddude

When you have two open drawings and one person saves, a message should pop up Reload Electrical Project Database. It is important to do this. Also when opening a connected drawing a message will pop up and there is a check box to remove the data from the epd. Make sure it is not checked. Otherwise if it is, it might remove the information in the other drawing.

Make sure the epd is set to relative path if you are moving the drawings around. If you are taking it home, only one person can do this. They have to take the epd file and the one you are working on. Copy both back into the directory and then you will get the Reload message.

Do not rename a drawing attached to the epd. Use saveas and then open the drawing you do not want and disconnect the epd from it.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost