Community
AutoCAD MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Electrical conduit won't connect to simple 90' bend

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
Anonymous
951 Views, 4 Replies

Electrical conduit won't connect to simple 90' bend

Hi,

I have an issue with one certain .dwg file. conduits won't connect adequatly with simple routing. I am using CAD MEP 2013.

for example, I am trying to connect a simple 90' bend on a EMT compression 2"conduit. both y align conduit and x aligned conduit are on the same elevation, same routing preferences, same size. The strange thing is this only happen in this particular dwg file, none others new or already drafted in.

I have started a new drawing and imported (wblock in) my electrical conduits routing in to see if anything was wrong with the file itself. same thing happens.

I also open it the file in 2014 but same problem.

I have run a successful "migratecatalog" and than ran "refinedfromcatalog" and get a "conduit - redefine result.txt. file". (see attached). which tells me 45 parts were not redefined.

I went and look up in my catalog for these particuler parts, simple 1" to 2"c 90' conduit bend and they are in the catalog my option dialog box, tab "MEP catalogs" and I doubled check I was looking and pathing to this catalog. ( C:\ProgramData\Autodesk\MEP 2013\enu\MEPContent\USI\Conduit).

I do have cleaned (an extensive purge macro I have thats run radical purge, proxies,audits,etc. ) this file and any xreference attached to it.

I have searched the forums for any other instances, ideas but to no avail. The only posts with similar problem were from the Revit program. I double checked with my collegue if by accident, this particular file was open in revit but the answer is no. Could this be it?

I have attached the dwg and put the conduits example above on layer 0 for easier detection. Finding the answer to this problem would be great as this is my electrical level and major routing already in (not included in the attached file) and this problem triple our drafting time.

I appreciate any help or suggestion.

Thanks

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

I should also mention that even gripping a conduit and moving it by any distance will move the whole run, as if it the routing was locked somehow or disconnect from its run. This before it was noticed, made a mess with racks, and I am in the proccess of cleaning the racks up.

Message 3 of 5
Anonymous

Anyone?
Message 4 of 5
Anonymous

I don't see the attached example with the conduits on layer 0 for easier detection?

I have had problems in the past with conduits getting sloped. the slope was so slight that it does not show up as a number under slope in the properties pallet. what I did was start to run conduit and type 0 in the slope box and continue to run conduit. once the slope is set it retains the slope. If you click on a bad conduit (Sloped) the slope setting will go back to what it was.

I cant remember how i fixed the bad conduit, I think I typed in the start and end elevations to re-set them. If you change your precision to some minute number you maybe able to see that these numbers are off as well as slope. Pipe has a tolerance for fittings to connect on sloped pipe, but conduit does not.

Hope that helps.

"I should also mention that even gripping a conduit and moving it by any distance will move the whole run, as if it the routing was locked somehow or disconnect from its run"

I may be reading this wrong, but isn't that what you want it to do? Do you mean that it also changes the elevation before and after offsets, because that would be a problem for me.

With the slope being off, a level conduit will not connect but it will look like it is connected. if you were to grip edit the conduit only part of the run would move.

Message 5 of 5
Anonymous

upload you file so we can looking into it

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost