Community
AutoCAD MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Eccentric& Concentric Reducers

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
jardel562
966 Views, 4 Replies

Eccentric& Concentric Reducers

Hello everyone.  I am trying to find reducer type in which I can select the types both in z and xy axis.

Lets say the reducer will be concentric in plan view but eccentric at z direction or vice versa.

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
Keith.Brown
in reply to: jardel562

You might be able to do this by copying the eccentric reducer using the catalog editor and renaming the part and the description to a unique name.  Save the catalog and then if mep is open, regen the catalog and open the part using the content editor.  Once in the content editor change the reducer flag from concentric to eccentric.  Hopefully this will work for you.  I havent tried it myself but reducers have a flag in the content builder that as near as i can tell the only thing it does change the way the part is displayed in plan view.    Good Luck.

Message 3 of 5
Dumfatnhappy2
in reply to: jardel562

if you change the justification of the 2 pipes (say both top of pipe) you will get "flat side up" and then do the same for any quad.

Message 4 of 5

funny I just posted a rant about this very thing because I'm attached to a valve and an MV part (pump) therefore no way to mess with justification....

right?    Smiley Sad

Message 5 of 5
Schmit01
in reply to: Dumfatnhappy2

Check my reply to the rant above haha, maybe it will help you guys out.

Ryan

MEP 2011

South Africa

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost