Community
AutoCAD MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Duct System Definitions/General Disappointment w/ MEP2015

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
luxy72462
335 Views, 4 Replies

Duct System Definitions/General Disappointment w/ MEP2015

Ok, so I am trying to get my office up and going on MEP 2015 and I have had nothing but issues with this thing. My 2013 worked flawlessly with a few intermittent glitches. Yesterday...my main template mysteriously wouldnt show duct rise/drops so I went back and recreated a new master template and everything worked great. Today I get in and now all my system duct definitions are missing. I only have 1 system to choose from and its "standard". I am starting to wonder if I should backpeddle all the installations back to 2013 and tutor everone from there. We are a smaller firm but made the decision to spend a large sum of money to upgrade to the full building design suite over traditional CAD. I havent experienced so many issues with a new installation and I dont feel comfortable rolling out the software to my staff with a continued amount of unresolved issues. So far its been 1 step forward, 2 steps back. Has anyone else had quite a few issues with the new 2015 MEP install?

Thanks!

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
Keith.Brown
in reply to: luxy72462

I have not had any of the issue that you are describing.  Can you confirm that the drawing that was missing all of the duct definitions did in fact come from the template that you created.  

When a drawing has only the standard duct system definition in it is a great sign that the drawing was created from a standard autocad template and not a MEP template.  When opening a drawing MEP will automatically insert the standard duct definition into a drawing when it doesnt contain any definitions in it at all.  Is it possible that this is what happened to you?

MEP 2015 has been out for awhile now.  Alot more people would be complaining if this was a widespread issue.

Message 3 of 5
luxy72462
in reply to: Keith.Brown

Kevin, it was created with the same template I had been using. Up until yesterday I had a weeks worth of work on the drawing and this morning when I started routing a new duct system and the system defintiions were MIA...I was checking and rechecking all my paths and cant come up with no resolution. This template sits on our main server so if changes are made...its global to everyone. I reloaded my stock MEP template off my C drive and it works but I am now missing all of our custom layers, settings. etc...  Right now it is just me and one other guy using this to try and work out the bugs. After the new year we will have 12 other individuals starting on this program and I am just trying to avoid alot of possible errors.

Message 4 of 5
Keith.Brown
in reply to: luxy72462

Who is kevin?Smiley Happy

Did you try opening up your backup copy of the drawing and see if they are there?  Is the system definitions the only thing that is missing?  How about your routing preferences?  Your layer key styles?, your display representations, property sets?, etc.  It is just your system definitions that are missing?

Message 5 of 5
luxy72462
in reply to: Keith.Brown

Sorry, I meant Keith...or you!

Ok, so I went back and tried loading the stock MEP template that I had when I did the installation...few things going on that arent jiving...

1. Install the Aecb Model (Imperial Ctb).dwt file and still no bueno...still missing all the system duct definitions. It seems like alot of features are missing from the Imperial...perhaps the file is possibly corrupt.

2. Install the Aecb Model (Global Ctb).dwt file and the duct definitions are there but the template layout is not right...the duct/drop is not as I am used to it appearing as the Imperial installation...so I am not sure if this is becoming an installation fubar and I should reinstall or if they changed something in the templates for 2015.

I can open up my MEP2013 Imperial template and everything in its stock for works perfect aside from it not having the custom keys/layers, etc that I had added to it.

So now I just need to find a starting template that isnt messed up. I tried using the MEP2013 in 2015 and some things werent showing up. So that was a no-go.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost