Community
AutoCAD MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Duct Label Curve Styles

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
jonathanburkett8252
703 Views, 5 Replies

Duct Label Curve Styles

I know this has been brought up, but I haven't seen any good solutions. I would like to assign a different label curve style to oval ductwork. Apparently this isn't possible. The next best thing would be to change the default label curve style for the drawing. Does anyone know where this is stored in a template? Is it in a dictionary or a registry entry?

The third best thing would be to create a lisp file to change all oval ductwork that has been drawn to the correct label curve style. But when I did object dumps on the ductwork and the label curve style I couldn't find how they are connected to each other.

; IAecbLabelCurve: Curve label entity
; Property values:
; AlternateName (RO) = ""
; Application (RO) = #
; BoundSpaces = 1
; Description = ""
; Document (RO) = #
; Handle (RO) = "B747"
; HasExtensionDictionary (RO) = 0
; Hyperlinks (RO) = #
; Layer = "M-DUCT-DEMO"
; Linetype = "BYLAYER"
; LinetypeScale = 1.0
; Lineweight = -1
; Location = (0.0 0.0 0.0)
; Material = "ByLayer"
; NodeCount = 1
; Normal = (0.0 0.0 1.0)
; ObjectID (RO) = 2126448504
; ObjectName (RO) = "AecbDbLabelCurve"
; OwnerID (RO) = 2128141504
; PlotStyleName = "ByLayer"
; Rotation = Exception occurred
; ShadowDisplay = 0
; Spacing = 0.0
; Style = #
; StyleName = "oval"
; TrueColor = #
; Type = 0
; Value = Exception occurred
; Visible = -1
--------------------------------------------------------------
; IAecbLabelCurveStyle: Curve label style entity
; Property values:
; AlternateName = ""
; Application (RO) = #
; Description = ""
; Document (RO) = #
; Handle (RO) = "16B0"
; HasExtensionDictionary (RO) = -1
; Name (RO) = "rectangular"
; ObjectID (RO) = 2126813632
; ObjectName (RO) = "AecbDbLabelCurveStyle"
; OwnerID (RO) = 2126813032
; PartData (RO) = #
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
; IAecbPartData: Part data entity
; Property values:
; BasicTableRowId (RO) = Exception occurred
; CatalogGUID (RO) = Exception occurred
; Domain (RO) = Exception occurred
; EngineeringPartIDs (RO) = Exception occurred
; Gauge (RO) = ...Indexed contents not shown...
; Manufacturer (RO) = Exception occurred
; Material (RO) = Exception occurred
; PartDescription (RO) = Exception occurred
; PartGUID (RO) = Exception occurred
; PartName (RO) = Exception occurred
; PartShape (RO) = ...Indexed contents not shown...
; PartSizeName (RO) = Exception occurred
; Placeholder (RO) = Exception occurred
; Style = #
; SubType (RO) = Exception occurred
; Type (RO) = Exception occurred
; Variables (RO) = #
; No methods

Does anyone else have any ideas? Thanks.
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6

I use ABS 2006. The default label curve style can be accessed in your drawing file at Mechanical->Duct->Preferences->Ducts tab. The label style can be accessed in the "Labels and Flow Arrows" area.

Not sure why you'd want to have different labels for the two different types of ducts since the ootb "Duct Size" label uses the "x" and "/" separators for rectangular and oval ducts, respectively.

You can either switch the label manually as outlined above prior to creating the duct, or perhaps create a new property set that uses a formula to determine duct type and provide whatever information is needed according to that type. Label curves allow you to use a property set definition as the value shown by the label (this is what the "Duct Size" label does).
Message 3 of 6

I created a separate Label Curve Style for Oval duct. Go to the Tools pull down menu and select Style Manage. Click on Documentation Objects-Label Curve Styles. Right click on Standard - Duct and select New. Modify the style how you wish to get it how you want it. If you are unfamiliar with the label curve styles look at the ones already there and set yours up similarly. Remember this change only occurs in the drawing you are in. If you want to keep it copy it to your template.
Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
in reply to: jonathanburkett8252

You're probably wanting to use a formula property for the labels. This allows us to label the ductwork as we want for round rectangular and oval.

There are some posts in this group by Martin Schmid that may be of help (i.e. http://discussion.autodesk.com/thread.jspa?messageID=5194943) to set up your formula property.

This worked flawlessly in 2006, and with slight modifications in 2007.1. I haven't tried using the same technique in 2008.

Good Luck
Michael Schwartz
Message 5 of 6

Hey thanks for the link. I am having trouble saving my property set definitions though. It's pretty frustrating to have it work and then not work when saved to a template. I’m going to keep fiddling with it though. Thanks again.
Message 6 of 6

Thanks everyone for the help. I got it to work!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

”Boost