Community
AutoCAD MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Duct Elevation Tag For a Sleeve

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
nwhvac
447 Views, 1 Reply

Duct Elevation Tag For a Sleeve

What I am looking at trying to create is an elevation tag for ductwork that I could use to when creating a sleeve drawing.  What I am trying to do is have an elevation tag that would give the elevation of ductwork plus an additional 2" top and bottom, by adding the additional 2" it would give me the top and bottom elevation of a wall sleeve that would be around the ductwork.

Several post have shown how to create a regular elevation tag for ductwork or a tag for ductwork with insulation, but I would like to know what is the best way to create a tag that would automatically add the 2 or 3" to both to the top and bottom elevations.

Tags (1)
1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
Keith.Brown
in reply to: nwhvac

Here is a link to the first part of a multi-part series I did on creating and customizing duct tags.

http://www.cadengineeredsolutions.com/autocad_mep/creating-a-duct-elevation-tag-part-one/

You should take note when I am talking about adding insulation or adding an elevation offset.  The key point to take away is that you can create a property set definition for the bottom and top of duct elevations.  Additionally you can create a property set definition for the sleeve offset distance around the duct.  You can then create a property set definition that takes the top and bottom duct elevation and subtracts or adds the sleeve offset to the elevation.

In the posts that show how to add insulation to your elevation, just think of the insulation as the offset distance around the duct and adjust.  

Let me know if you need any other help.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost