Community
AutoCAD MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Duct Contour Not Visible For Flange Transitions

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
jstasu01
588 Views, 2 Replies

Duct Contour Not Visible For Flange Transitions

I'm usually able to figure these problems out for myself, but this one has me stumped.

In MEP 2013 I use two duct routing preferences: low pressure and medium pressure. I have no problem with my low pressure routing preference, but I do with my medium pressure. I use flange connection graphics for the medium pressure routing, and these flanges appear to cause a problem where the duct contour of transitions is not displayed.  This happens for the Rectangular Duct Concentric Transition US Imperial and Rectangular Angle Duct Concentric Transition US Imperial, but not Rectangular Length Concentric Transition US Imperial. The same goes for the Eccentric transitions. I have attached an example of one of these fittings where the contour is not displayed.

I did not have this problem in MEP 2011. I assume I might have messed something up copying some custom fittings I had in 2011. Migrating custom fittings and mvparts to a newer version of AutoCAD is a quite the pain and is a real short coming of the program in my opinion. It makes me not want to go through the upgrade process until it is absolutely necessary.

Hopefully someone can help me with this issue.

Thanks.

Tags (2)
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
Keith.Brown
in reply to: jstasu01

It appears that the fitting does not like to have connector 1 flange thickness set to 1".  Changing this value caused the fitting to display correctly.

Message 3 of 3
jstasu01
in reply to: Keith.Brown

Excellent, that worked.

I'm surprised more people haven't noticed this problem. I'm not the only one using a one inch flange thickness am I? Is this problem reproducible for the stock fitting catalog? I would like to know if this problem stems from possibly using 2011 transitions in MEP 2013.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost