Community
AutoCAD MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Duct coming in on wrong layer

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
b_renaud
545 Views, 2 Replies

Duct coming in on wrong layer

Only on certain drawings (seems to be the larger ones), I am experiencing an issue with duct/pipe systems coming in on the wrong layer. It comes in on the right system definition, but the layer is incorrect. Please see the attached image. Is there something that has been mixed up in the layer keys? Or is it a bug that other people are experiencing. Thanks for the help!

PS. We are pretty good at purging and auditing, this doesnt seem to fix the issue. 

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
pothied
in reply to: b_renaud

Is the duct coming in on the correct layer if you draw it out in space - not attached to anything else or is it always on the wrong layer? 

What version of AutoCAD MEP are you using?

Did this just start happening or has this been an issue in the drawing all along? If this just started happening, did you make any changes to the system defintions or layer key styles?

The way that this should work is that there is a layer key on the Design Rules tab of the Duct System Definitions style. If you edit the default Return system definition, the layer key is M-SY-DUCT-RETURN. If you then open up the Layer Key Styles in the style manager and find this key, that should determine what layer and color the duct objects are placed on when drawn. 

David Pothier

Message 3 of 3
b_renaud
in reply to: pothied

The duct doesn't come on the correct layer if I do a duct add command from the ribbon. If I grab another duct on that system and do an add selected it comes on the right layer, but then if I try to add duct to it, it goes back on a different layer. 

We are using MEP 2013

It seems to happen to larger drawings about halfway through. THere shouldn't have been any changes to the system definition of layer key styles. 

The system definition is pointing to the correct layer key under the design rules tab. 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost