Community
AutoCAD MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Duct add Extremely Slow

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
marco.defina
382 Views, 5 Replies

Duct add Extremely Slow

Hello,

i have a problem with the Autocad MEP 2015. Everytime i try to add a duct with + symbol on duct i wait between 4-6 seconds to have a duct, the same thing at the end of the duct placing.

Someone have the same problem?

BIM Manager - HVAC and Plumbing designer https://www.autodesk.it/content/dam/autodesk/www/products/responsive-imagery/responsive-badges-compare/2019/navisworks-manage-2019-badge-75x75.pngApp AutoCAD per dispositivi mobili premiumNavisWorks Simulate3ds Max___________________________________________________________________________
Please use Mark Solutions!.Accept as Solution and Give Kudos!Give Kudos as appropriate to further enhance these forums.

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
dbutts7
in reply to: marco.defina

I've had that happen with files that were upgraded from an earlier release - but I did find that a quick copy and paste to a new drawing started from a template fixed it. You might also want to show disconnects to see if the system got broken somewhere - I had a bunch along a well-formed system from an earlier release. After fixing it. the file worked fine.

thanks - db

David A. Butts

Engineering Technology Manager - Gannett Fleming

Revit Certified Professional/Autodesk Certified Instructor

Revit, AutoCAD Architecture, MEP, Plant 3D, BIM Collaborate Pro Subject Matter Expert

The MEP BIM/CAD Engineer Blog

EESignature

Message 3 of 6
Keith.Brown
in reply to: dbutts7

Good tip Dave.  I have had this problem in the past and was at a loss of what to do.  Fortunately for me the file was very small and i could just restart it.

Message 4 of 6
JoeVernice

If the slow duct add only occurs when using a visual style other than 2D Wireframe try setting DISPSILH to 0.

JMV

Message 5 of 6
marco.defina
in reply to: JoeVernice

I tried all, but change nothing...I see that happens when i have a lot of detail in 2d in the drawing. For example a 2d plan to reference, if i unload work a little better.

BIM Manager - HVAC and Plumbing designer https://www.autodesk.it/content/dam/autodesk/www/products/responsive-imagery/responsive-badges-compare/2019/navisworks-manage-2019-badge-75x75.pngApp AutoCAD per dispositivi mobili premiumNavisWorks Simulate3ds Max___________________________________________________________________________
Please use Mark Solutions!.Accept as Solution and Give Kudos!Give Kudos as appropriate to further enhance these forums.

Message 6 of 6
dbutts7

At this point, it's most likely the model has become corrupted. While the Audit command may help clean it up, do you have a backup file from a previous day that you can go back to?

If you do, then take that version, and use the copy/paste method to place the existing content into a new drawing started from your templates. Make sure you don't have any reference files included in the copy/paste - you'll need to re-attach those separately. If you want to post the files here, I'll check them out.

thanks - db

David A. Butts

Engineering Technology Manager - Gannett Fleming

Revit Certified Professional/Autodesk Certified Instructor

Revit, AutoCAD Architecture, MEP, Plant 3D, BIM Collaborate Pro Subject Matter Expert

The MEP BIM/CAD Engineer Blog

EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost