Community
AutoCAD MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

drwg sweat copper and propress copper

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
mjmpe
672 Views, 1 Reply

drwg sweat copper and propress copper

I am trying to draw with copper pipe, but I don't see regular sweat copper and propress copper. How do I go about drawing with the two different types of fittings, my foreman wants to prefab this piping so it needs to be drawn in the correct piping. All I see in the pipe catalog is DWV copper.

thanks

Maureen

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
Keith.Brown
in reply to: mjmpe

There are regular Cast Copper Fittings in the same location as the DWV fittings with Autocad MEP.  You will not find any propress fittings.  While Autocad MEP does a decent job of supply fitting you are going to find that they are not good enough if you plan on creating fabrication drawings with the software.  You have a couple of choices to rectify the situation.  Number one would be to learn the content builder and create your own fittings.  Additionally, I would download the free studio express version and learn how to program .net and customize Autocad MEP to your liking.  This would always be my first choice as you will have complete control over everything and Autocad is highly customizable.

Your next choice and probably the most popular is to purchase 3rd party tools that enrich your experience with Autocad MEP.  There are a couple of them out there and a quick google search will turn them up.  I currently use the Fabrication for Autocad MEP addon which adds a complete catalog of piping fittings and semi-automatic spool generation.  Their catalogs are stored on a SQL server and offer thousands of fittings for immediate use. 

If you choose to modify/create your own fittings there are a couple resources to help you on your journey.  Joshua Benoist at Autodesk has created a series of YouTube videos that show how to effectively use the content builder.  You can find those videos here:

http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLCBDF999706C3EE65

Additionally you can search Autodesk Univeristy.  You can find a link to AU on the Autodesk main menu under Community or just point your browser to www.au.autodesk.com

I hope this information helps you out!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost