Community
AutoCAD MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drawing 3d Plumbing Pipework & Valves

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
martin.magee
981 Views, 2 Replies

Drawing 3d Plumbing Pipework & Valves

We are new to AutoCAD MEP and are attempting to draw fully coordintated mechanical drawings for a new school project.

The main stumbling blocks we have at the moment are:

1. Creating Table X copper pipework greater than 67mm.
  2. Creating valves for copper systems i.e. press fit, crimped etc (all valves in the software appear to be steel sizes not copper and threaded or flanged).
  3. Creating new layers for pipework is straight forward, but how do you get valves etc. on to the new layer automatically.

Any help would be much appreciated.

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
dbutts7
in reply to: martin.magee

What library are you working out of? Metric, etc.?

There are some copper valves on Seek, I believe, but I wouldn't get too detailed - grab a common fitting, and edit the MVPART - let me know if you need directions on how to edit these. I did a class on this at AU a few years ago, and will be doing another this year...maybe I can add something on the fittings for you about adding default sizes.

The layers are set at the MVPART Style level - you can edit this in the Catalog Editor or in the Content Builder tool. You have to know how layer key styles work, since you'd be adding/editing a key first, then assigning it to the part.

David A. Butts

Engineering Technology Manager - Gannett Fleming

Autodesk Expert Elite

Revit Certified Professional/Autodesk Certified Instructor

Revit, AutoCAD Architecture, MEP, Plant 3D, BIM Collaborate Pro Subject Matter Expert

The MEP BIM/CAD Engineer Blog

Message 3 of 3
martin.magee
in reply to: dbutts7

Thanks dbutts7, I will give this a go.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost